Buick V-6, was Prowler V6

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed Jun 16 17:52:07 GMT 1999

I'm not sure that everything you mentioned is correct Clare...

I'm pretty sure Runners came with 440's with both 4 barrels and 6-pacs
Runner's came with Hemi's as well....

I've put the 906's off my ol 383(which I gave to my buddy for lettin me
use his garage to build the engine) onto my current 440... They haven't
burnt a valve yet, I don't think.... Did a compression test within the
last 6 months or so, 205 on all cylinders except one of em, which read
150 lbs.!  Go figure...

I put oil in the spark plug hole to see if the reading would go up, but
it remained the same....

I'm thinkin that one of the rods were resized a bit TOO much and is
placin it's piston down the hole jsut a bit further than the rest of the
pistons....

Swapped another buddy my set of closed chambered 915's for a set of
hardened seat 452's....

Found 6 and 8-71 blowers for $100 each! (Rebuildable!)

Rebuild kit's only $75,

All the money to get a blower usable on a car engine goes into all the
adapters, plates, and pulleys n such...
The front plate, pulleys, bottom intake, and carb adapters all total
about $1,000

So I can have a good rebuilt blower with intake manifold and carb plate
for about $1,200 total!

All I'd need are the carbs and linkage...

And oh ya, maybe an ENGINE to put it on, my 440 may have a tad bit too
much compression for 10-15 lbs. of overheated boost from a 6071
huffer...

The injection should help a bit, if/when I get the injection parts
ligned up...

Should put out about 800 hp at teh flywheel...

So won't have to use too big of injectors...

Any advice, please post!

Later....

Todd....!!