Combustion Pressure Sensor - revisited

Mark Wilcutts markw at vehicle.me.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 18 07:12:43 GMT 1999

Yep, you have sensors on all the cylinders, then fuel and spark are
optimized individually to give the same IMEP on all cylinders. Everyone
knows this CAN be done, it's a question of, can it be done economically.
I.e. do the benefits (better performance, fuel economy, emissions,
driveability) outweigh the costs (vehicle price increase and possible
warranty costs)? OEMs have until now decided the answer is no.