Todd's sure fire blower sale - Fred,

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Jun 20 00:14:44 GMT 1999

-> This is correct GMC blowers with stock rotors have to much clearance.
-> All they will do is build little boost and lots of heat. This is the
-> reason a good blower costs so much, they have precision clearanced
-> after market rotors.

 I was curious, so I called Blower Drive Service when I bought a 6-71 a
few years ago.  They said a stock, used blower without internal damage
should make 12-15 PSI of boost on a 454-460 sized motor with a 1:1 drive
ratio, and that it would take approximately 60hp to turn the blower at
that time.  Reworked blowers with welded or Teflon-inserted rotors would
make more boost.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?