read engine rpm from battery/alternator???

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Mon Jun 21 18:39:03 GMT 1999

If we are talking about the CS110 CS130 alternators the terminals are
P=stator tach signal  L=lamp F=feild  S=sense. The big cars
Caddys etc. use the tach term to signal the body control module. I believe
they monitor the RPM and current load. If more current is needed the BCM
tells the ECM to kick the idle up. When I bought a rebuilt CS130 the test
tag had all the terminals listed and at rated output the P= tach signal was
around 132 RPM. Since this is the stator signal it should be free of any
regulator functions.

Don