Holley Projection 4di help

Scott & Aida Peterson sapete at ecentral.com
Tue Jun 22 04:45:45 GMT 1999

Yeah, Thanks Bill for the info (and everyone else who emailed me, I got a
great response).  I got a copy of HODO and that was just the ticket I was
looking for.  Yes, I agree that the Holley Projection tunners should share
some tuning tips.  I have just started working on mine.  Feel free to email
me anytime...

The first thing I think I need to do is work on my header reducer.  The
darned muffler shop put a 2 1/4" exhaust tube several inches inside of my my
header collecter instead of expanding the pipe over the reducer like they
should of.  I think it is causing some extra turbulence around the O2 sensor
and giving rise to my choppy idle and irradic trim seen on the captured
files that I now have.

I could be trying to idle it too low.  I have it set to 550 rpm now.  I have
a fresh 406 sbc with cam of 206/212 at .050  My old Carter carb seemed to
idle fine at 500-600 rpm.

So far I am just following the given Holley directions were I try to make
the base fuel map run about -10 to -20% when in closed loop under part
throttle conditions.

Is there any other good advice to tuning?  later, maybe much later, I am
going to try to borrow a friend's Varicom for some dynamic accel tests.

Does anyone have a 400 sbc map?

><sapete at ecentral.com> wrote:
>snip
>I am looking for a way to capture the output from my Holley Projection 4di.

snip snip
>>Yea, I just started running a 4di - and the fellow I bought it from
provided
>>me with a program called HONDO - which grabs all the realtime data and
lets
>>you review it offline to your heart's content.

snip snip