Holley {ro-jection stuff

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Jun 23 12:58:26 GMT 1999

> Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:57:58 PDT
> From: Bill the arcstarter <arcstarter at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Holley ProJection stuff
>
> OK, I'm sending this to the diy_efi list and to the 2-3 people who have
> e-mailed me about the ProJection system.  I'm not sure if this should be
> discussed on the diy_efi list.  Can anyone comment?  I'd think this stuff
> should be public but I don't want to dump on the list if nobody wants to
> hear it, etc...
>
> At any rate I think us ProJection users should at least be aware of each
> other, etc...
>
> I just acquired a very lightly used (99% brand new) 900cfm 4Di about 2
> months ago.  I had a slight problem with that unit, as some old gas had
> dried up and clogged one of the injectors.  Nothing a good soaking in the
> ultrasonic tank at work wouldn't fix! :)
>
> I think the only difference between the 700 and 900 cfm unit is the size of
> the injectors, ie, throttle bore size is the same I think.  Can anyone
> verify this?

Bruce Plecan has said several times that Holley changes injector size
and calls it an airflow increase.  I think the units were originally
rated for HP, and they changed the ratings 'cause so many folks asked
"How's that rate to a carb??"  Just a guess, take it for what it's
worth.

>  I hope nobody knows anything BAD about
> using copper tubing in a fuel system... :?
You're joking, yes?  Copper lines + vibrating vehicle= fatigue
failures, and chafing failures.  Bad thing to do.

> This throttle body will flow a LOT of air!  At 4000 rpm I get 99% of full
> atmospheric pressure on the MAP at under 30 % of full throttle opening.
> This makes for a very sensitive accelerator.  I need to re-linkage this to
> make it less sensitive.
There's a cam kit that installs on the throttle linkage so that small
amounts of pedal movement at low throttle = small throttle changes.
GM uses something similar on their light truck engines now.

Shannen