VNT25 turbo

Damon Kelley dmkelley at cmti.net
Thu Jun 24 19:34:09 GMT 1999

I am a dodge boy and know a good bit about the VNT turbo. I am
also a member of the SDML(shelby dodge mailing list) The vnt is a
good turbo. There have been a enough people that have used this
turbo to 19psi or more. A larger compressor is a a good upgrade.
The reason a lot of people on the list dislike the turbo is because
simply boost bleeds don't work particularly well. The reason is that
the vanes needed to be moved not nessarily according to boost
levels. They also need to be opened when the car is not under
boost. The vanes also need their position toggled every few
minutes or as needed to clear any carbon build up or they will start
sticking. Computer control is the only really good way to control
this turbo which makes a lot of people leary of using it. I don't think
that would bother many people on this list however. When I get my
boost controller for the VNT working I will let anyone that is
interested know.

Damon Kelley
87 Shadow ES T1 A-520 Cold Air Induction, Bleedin'
89 Sundance N/A
89 CSX #208 26,000miles in 5 months or less
96 Sebring JXi Conv
96 CBR600F3 Soon to have cute little talon turbo