can't upload a bin, and disassembling the bin

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Jun 25 03:03:27 GMT 1999

Pat Ford wrote:
>Hi Guys:
> I got the binary image off the '730 the first 16 bytes are;
>000000000:  04 D9 FF FF FF FF CD 0D  46 C0 00 20 0C 3F 3F 3F   ........F.. .???
>
>the label on the chip says ADDB 1593
>
>any idea of what it's for ( I know? the it is for a 6cyl)

Well, the C0 should define it as a six cyl bin, but the 46 ecm_id
doesn't ring any bells. 88 is used for f-body 6's, and 8D for 8's I
believe.
Do you know what the ecm came out of?

> I tried to upload the binary to the ftp site but can't (firewall issues),
>could I email it to someone so it can find its way to the ftp site.

Steve R is the one to ask for this, I'm sure he would be glad to help.

> Can anyone suggest how to start disassembling the code ( I downloaded 6809dasm.c and
>disasm11.zip)

This can be tough, a good disassembler is pricy. The 6809dasm can be
used to
disassem small areas of code, I've been using it, and updating the
tables in it
for the 'hc11 as I go. Have you tried the disasm11 yet?, work ok?

I'll usually find a table area I'm interested in, search the code for
it's address,
then dism that area to try and figure out what it's doing.

BobR.