Todd's sure fire blower sale - Fred,

EFISYSTEMS at aol.com EFISYSTEMS at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 07:42:58 GMT 1999

Hi Mike,
      Output temps vary from supercharger types (ie. roots, screw, or
centrifugal),,,,but in regards to the roots,,most "street" blowers are not
teflon stripped as they will make alot of heat just from the friction of the
teflon and the fact at part throttle there is very little fuel or air moving
through the charger.....a good example of this is the $2000 Weiand 6-71's
which are a glorified Detroit rebuild(a little tighter clearance).....but
they still look pretty cool sticking out of the hood of a street car on
saturday night..........but you'll never see a good blown gas anything with
nozzles in the ports as the blower will create too much intake air temp and
lose efficiency, or in effect, pumping losses..........the more boost the
higher the heat,,,,,the higher the helix in the rotors the more efficient the
charge as it is not "batting" the air as much as it is moving it,,,,but again
higher helix causes transient problems as it is effectivly rolling the air
forward and a screw is harder yet as it internally compresses before release
with built in pressure ratios decided by the size and shape of the "pie"
output.........but once it is in a boost above 5 lbs I have seen mixtures
between cylinders to even out......and above 30 lbs to be almost
even............even with the fuel entirely dumped above the
rotors.........as for an example of temps.......572 BBC with an 8-71 making
12 lbs of boost and 1050hp having and Intake air temp of 315F and a screw
type making the same hp on the same engine at 9 lbs of boost with only a 170F
air temp.......which one do you think is going to require less
octane??????.....anyway hope that helps..
-Carl Summers

In a message dated 6/20/99 7:07:12 AM Pacific Daylight Time, ECMnut at AOL.COM