GM '89 Bosch MAF - was RE: MAF & base fuel tables

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Sat Jun 26 17:36:32 GMT 1999

Does anyone know of a mass air flow sensor (MAF) that has higher flow than
the 1989 GM Corvette Bosch MAF that also gives a 0 to 5 volt output like
the Bosch sensor does? Something that gives higher than 255 g/s at 5.0
volts (double would be nice). Some European car has to use a Bosch sensor
and make over roughly 350 hp with just one sensor (I see a lot of the newer
high output cars are using two sensors). I have been trying to use a
frequency type with a frequency to voltage converter but it is not working
very well and I would rather just put another voltage based MAF in and
figure out the airflow versus voltage table for the new sensor. I have even
tried using a "drop" in Ford MAF from Best Products that is supposed to
replace the GM Bosch sensor but that has not been working very well either
so far.

Thanks,

Jason