PROM Reader/Burner Suggestions....

Kurek, Larry lkurek at anl.gov
Tue Jun 29 16:22:11 GMT 1999

Guys:

I am a serious novice when it comes to the PROM reader/burner market, so
some help/advice would be appreciated. I am in the market for a burner, so I
was perusing the Allied catalog and there are quite a few options...from
$205 to $1500. Since I have no clue what the best option for automotive use
would be (including flash memory chips in late model cars...), any advice?
I like this thing called the Chipmaster 6000, since it seems to do
everything....but can I read, modify tables, and rewrite new PROM's with
this pooch?

Thanks!!!!

Larry