Electronic AFM adjustments & large injectors.

Marcel marcelb at casema.net
Mon Mar 1 13:54:11 GMT 1999

Clarence L.Snyder wrote:

> Partly right - partly wrong. It will work as you say untill the airflow
> maxes out the AFM - then it gets non-linear real fast.

But, when I have this offset adjustment tool, I can adapt
ANY natural log AFM to work well, including ones that flow enough!

Do different capacity AFM's max out at different voltages or do they
add a scaling factor to this "ln flow" formula to fit within the 0-5V
range?

I'd have to adjust that scaling factor too, if I want to adapt a
different AFM. That might make things a bit more complicated.

Anyone know at what hp level stock Toyota 4A-GE (redhat) AFM's
max out? I know the injectors will at about 140-150hp, but
when does the AFM?

Of course if I take care of all this and publish the details
with schematic, we'd have a nice universal mod package for
ppl who want to retain most factory stuff (like me) and still
get better mixture spread than with spring tension adjustments.

thanks,

Marcel