Newbie BCC question

Mark Grady grady at bnin.net
Tue Mar 2 01:50:37 GMT 1999

Hope this question doesn't reveal my ignorance too much....

I have a '96 Chevy Lumina APV at work. It doesn't have the RF key fob remote
entry system. The owner's manual isn't with this van, never was.

The doors lock every single stinkin' time you shift out of park. You have to
manually unlock them to get out. This is rather annoying.

I have a '96 Pontiac version that does have remote entry, you can change the
mode of the Fort Knox lock option by holding the lock switch for 10 seconds,
then pressing the unlock button on the key fob. How and what you press
locks/unlocks the driver's door or none at all, etc. Does anyone know how to
perform this same re-programming trick if you don't have the remote?

Some other secret code? Turn signal on left, rear defroster on, right power
mirror moving left, seat reclining... something like that?

Mark

mailto:mgrady at bnin.net