ALDL project

Ward Spoonemore spoonie at deltanet.com
Wed Mar 3 00:05:13 GMT 1999

Your AYBN Calibration is a P4 series ECM using the ecm you listed, the
applications are:

my 1991 1/2	4.3l LB5 vin Z Syclone Truck
my 1992 	4.3l LB5 Vin Z 'T' truck
my 1992 	4.3l LB5 Vin Z 'T' truck

I suspect that this is a uneque series not used by other platforms.

8192 baud in a "handshake" modality.
There are 5 different Comm modes

Mode 1: Diagnostic data, 63 bytes long
Mode 2: A memory dump (64 contagious bytes at a time)
Mode 3: Selectable memory bump, may format and dump up to 8 bytes
Mode 4: Provides the ability to alter specific ECM function on the fly. AFR.
EGR SPK Etc.
Mode 7: Command mode, (restores normal operation)

All of these command require the issuance of a message request for each
occurrence of the desired mode.

I assume from your prior e-mail you are using mode one at this time is that
correct ?

and what else would you like to know ?

ard