Am I in the right place?

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Mar 3 18:03:29 GMT 1999

> It wasn't quite clear in the Charter on whether DIY means only DIYers that
> build from scratch or whether perhaps it includes folks like myself that
> converted his GMC motorhome's 455 Olds to ported fuel injection that's using
> the Accel ECU. I recently added an engine monitor with individual egt's etc

Do it Yourself in this list just means that you are
attaching FI to something.  That's been my take anyway.  A
lot of folks are dissecting OEM ECMs, some are adapting them
to other things (Like me, adapting a Chebby TPI to a Mopar
431 stroker), and others are actually building circuits from
scratch, either with the EFI332 team project here, or a
seperate system of their choosing.  Still others run the
Accell, Haltech, Holley or Electromotive systems, and some
are still installing.

And some are lurkers, which is just fine too :)

> and will be adding theAccel VIC unit in the next few days. Obviously I'm a
> newbie to efi and really just an amateur technician that enjoys his GMC.

I think it was the Jeff Hartman book that had an EFI buildup
for a twin-turbo'd system for a GMC Motorhome.  I loaned
someone my book so I can't verify it... but I didn't see it
in my Corky Bell "Maximum Boost" book, so I'm pretty sure
its in the Fuel Injection book. You might want to spend a
few bucks (like 20) and check out the book... there's a lot
of good information, and as I said, one of the buildups is a
GMC motorhome, though the coverage is light to say the
least.

> available for the proper mixture setting using EGT's. I did search the

If the system is lean, EGT's are much higher normally.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)