aluminum intake cosmetics

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Fri Mar 5 04:42:58 GMT 1999

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Pedro Haynes wrote:

> Once i found a diagram of a sand blaster that you can build from an old
> propane tank. If I am lucky enough to find it I will post the site.

A sandblast cabinet can be made from plywood, K3 board etc and will last a
long time if you do not sandblast the cabinet directly. Sears used to sell
a cheapo sandblaster that can be easily converted to use in the cabinet.
These units came with steel nozzles, but ceramic were available from Sears
for a reasonable  price [this was a few years ago...] Cheap, but
effective... Sand is pretty cheap by the sack. I usually used 20-30 for
sheet metal, cast iron or whatever. Glass beads are a lot more money and
often are a waste of time IMO. When the sand gets dirty, rounded off, etc
it stops working. At the price of sand, you can afford to dump it. Keep
the sand dry...