Handheld O-Scope

Roger Heflin rah at horizon.hit.net
Fri Mar 5 05:01:33 GMT 1999

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Daniel Houlton wrote:

> Bruce Plecan wrote:
> >
> > Just saw an ad for one in MCM flyer
> >
> > Handheld O-Scope 5 Hz    $199
> > (800) 543-4330
>
> How much use is this?  I don't know much about them other than the higher
> the frequency, the higher the cost.  What's the minimum we should be looking
> for to do EFI type stuff or just general circuit building?  Is this one
> good enough to be useful or will it rapidly show it's limitations?  I've
> seen 20, 30, 60 and up to 100 Hz scopes.  How much is really needed?

You mean Mhz scopes.  From what I know, 1Mhz would be fine for all
automotive work, that is so long as you don't mess with the internals
of the computer, then you probably need 20Mhz-100Mhz+ depending on the
clock rate of the computer you are dealing with.  Most automotive
inputs are pretty low frequency, in fact so low that .5Mhz may be
enough for auto work.

				Roger