How do AICs work?

soren soren at rio.com
Fri Mar 5 06:26:25 GMT 1999

>If I need to intercept and modify the MAF signal anyways, then I'd much
>rather swap to larger injectors than run the rising rate FPR or plumb in
>additional injectors.  It's much cleaner I think, doesn't have any bad
>sides that I can see (so long as I don't go so big it won't idle) and
>it's much more stealthy.  I'll have a much better chance of sliding this
>whole thing by the smog police if I don't have a huge regulator or extra
>fuel lines and injectors running everywhere.
>
>Any insight is appreciated.

    I definitely agree that larger injectors are the way to go depending on
your budget.  The lack of extra plumbing is definitely a plus.  However, if
the ECM is reacting to the extra boost and going to 100% duty cycle on the
stock injectors but cannot react to the change in fuel mixture caused by an
additional injector (because it is in open loop), how could it react to the
change in fuel mixture caused by the larger injectors when the ECM commanded
100% d.c.(again in open-loop)?  It appears to me as if they would be similar
in actual function.

Soren Rounds