Handheld O-Scope

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Fri Mar 5 13:16:44 GMT 1999

SFI at 6000RPM is 30CPS, ganged injectors (double fire) is 60CPS. That's
.06 Khz. Ford MAPs run something around 300Hz. I'd say a 5mhz should be
lots. The handhelds are nice, but like a scope-meter the display is
puny. Better to find one of the older diagnostic scopes (can't remember
the make, but I used to have one) that ran off the car battery for
in-shop use. There were several occaisions where it rode in the
passenger's seat with me in the back and the apprentice driving so I
could find out what was going on on the road.