aluminum intake cosmetics

Jim Yeagley jimyeagley at stratos.net
Fri Mar 5 14:29:05 GMT 1999

About the sandblasters:

I seem to remember a while back buying a blaster for around $25 or $30 from
an auto body supply house.  It looked like the head of a paint gun, without
the cup, and had replaceable ceramic venturis.  The tube coming out of the
bottom where the cup would normally be simply had a hose attached, the other
end had another tube that could be shoved into the top of a bag of sand.
Attach air at the base of the handle and you're done.  The cabinet mentioned
before would be perfect to use with this gun, with some cheapo lexan panel
to view through.   The whole thing could probably be built for less than
$60.

But didn't the original post state that the intake was already blasted?  If
you want to powdercoat it, get the $99 kit from eastwood.  I think it's
eastwood.com, but you can surely get there from myclassiccar.com.  You need
around 10 psi air and a cheapo oven, and pretty soon you'll be coating all
kinds of parts for you and your buddies, and paying for the setup in no
time.  Anything you can fit into an oven can be done, including brackets,
alternator bodies, exhaust manifolds, mufflers, etc.

Like someone else already said, he buys the tools instead of paying the
labor, and I'd wager HPC would be charging more than $100 to coat your
intake.

Jim Yeagley
1996 Dodge Indy Ram
See it and many others at: www.indyram.org
1975 Pontiac Grandville Brougham Conv. (in baskets)
webmaster at indyram.org
jimyeagley at stratos.net