Voltage controller?

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Fri Mar 5 15:08:42 GMT 1999

Dan,

If you wanted to convert the 5v MAP to a 12v signal, relative, use an
op-amp. Just use an amp with a gain of 2.4 (12 / 5). Use this in the
non-inverting configuration. The only problem with this is head-room,
most amps won't go to the plus rail.

A better approach might be PWM. Look in the 'incoming' directory for
the files: PWM2.gif  and PWM2.txt (not sure of the exact case).

These are the circuit diagram and writeup for a PWM controller that
can be used with any permanent magnet DC motor. This circuit can
be driven from the MAP with only an Op-amp buffer at the front end.

For more op-amp stuff (ideas), get ahold of a National Semi Linear
databook, or hit their web site for app notes. They have a ton of
stuff on practical uses of op-amps. (AN-20 & AN-31 are good ones).

BobR.

P.S. The files FprErr.gif & .txt also have some novel uses of op-amps.