DIS and DIST ref pulse

Doug Mansfield mansfield at cns.ohiou.edu
Fri Mar 5 17:56:33 GMT 1999

I understand the DIS/IDI systems use a sync pulse each revolution of the
crank, but with Ted's recent SyTy experiments, it seems that the ECM does
not use this sync pulse?  Does the DIS module "consume" this pulse?

I guess what I am really getting at is what does the signal that goes to
the ECM look like from a DIS v. DIST system compared to the signal that
goes to the module.  Are they 5v?  When do they go high/go low?  Does the
module create the pulse for the ECM or does the reluctor?

Thanks for any insight.

Doug