Voltage controller?

Daniel Houlton houlster at user2.inficad.com
Fri Mar 5 19:16:05 GMT 1999

rr wrote:

> I'm having some trouble following what you are saying. Can you post the
> URL for the Aqua-mist site?

Sorry, I meant to include that but forgot.

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/cp/sys1/sys1a.html#pump

That's the paragraph where they say it's controlled by frequency.  Follow
the "TECH-LINK" link at the end of the paragraph to get to the pump specs.

> It sounds like the pump itself has some sort of controller built in,
> that needs another controller to run?

That's the way it sounds.  Reading the paragraph more closely, it does
state that it uses an on-board electronic controller.

The "TECH" page says "pressure and delivery rate is regulated by internal
hi-tech electronic circuitry".  Then the specs at the bottom say it takes
a 14V, 8A power source and a 0-12V, 5mA digital signal.  Maybe it does
just take a 0-12V voltage signal and convert it to PWM internally?  That's
kinda what it's starting to look like again.

The word "digital" on the spec for the signal input is what made me think
is used a PWM signal.  Maybe it's just a buzz-word or marketing thing to
make it sound fancier and it just uses a plain analog voltage signal?

thanks
--Dan