New to list, have a question.

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Fri Mar 5 20:58:17 GMT 1999

> I'll take a look at the archives.
> Would you have any suggestions as to what whould be a good (read easy to
> reprogram) OEM ECM to work with?
> I would basically be starting from scratch.  I do like the idea of being
> able to write my own code to run things, but I don't have any idea what
> would be involved on the hardware side of the problem.

Eric, start at the diy_efi WWW page, click on OEM systems, then click
GM.  Read the "programming 101" article and the "tuning tips article".
They're both about the 1227747 ECM, a TBI ECM used on GM trucks from '88
to '92 or something like that.

There won't be much code to write, but a lot of major tables have been
figured out so there's some table editing to make it match your
particular engine.

You can get an EPROM programmer and some junk ECMs a lot cheaper than
the holley system....

--steve

--
Steve Ravet