Which Intake

WLundquist at aol.com WLundquist at aol.com
Sat Mar 6 17:33:17 GMT 1999

Dave,
 If you have a copy of Jeff Hartmans' FUEL INJECTION book, look on page 90,
and note that the top left photo if a small block chevy that is twin turboed
and uses a moon manifold. This is an exellent manifold to start with. My only
concern is where the throttle blades are located. The turbo will quickly lose
rpm with the blades after the turbo. To counter act that condition  a relief
valve needs to be installed in the pipe between the turbo and the tb's to
maintain rpm.  A better alternative is to put the  tb's before the turbo inlet
so that when the tb's are closed the turbo will spin in a vacuum and maintain
rpm, this will make for guicker recovery when you stab the throttle. See Hugh
McInnes TURBOCHARGERS	 book. It is very complete. Gail Banks is another
exellent source. The cost of any custom installation you do won't be cheap.
But if you have put the $$$ in the engine don't short change the intake. Read
The Performance Professor's lectures (Racepages.com) on air flow, intake
systems and the like. If you would like more info or assistance in building
components, I have done some fabrication on turbo systems. If you want
references, contact Archer Motorsports.
      TIA
   Wayne