AquaMist pump (was: Re: Voltage controller)

rr RRauscher at nni.com
Sun Mar 7 14:40:27 GMT 1999

Now I got it!

I think that you need to do some testing with this unit. If you
modulate the control signal at about 4Hz, you can probably do
what you want. The reason for this slow, is to still allow the
pump to give full cycles.

The PWM controller may work for this, it will need to be slowed
down. The .1uf cap hangin off pin 2 will need to be made larger
in value. Something between 1 & 3.3uf might be enough.

As you mention below, you can try to vary the pump volts in
order to slow the pump down. But this gets messy with all the
heat build up and pump stalling at lower voltages.

Let us know what you find...

BobR.