injector drivers

Clarence L.Snyder clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net
Sun Mar 7 21:15:19 GMT 1999

>   While the engine is in a steady state condition the combination of
> MAP and Barometric Pressure sensors along with RPM determine the initial
> injector pulse width.  The O2 sensor closes the loop.  Now if the
> throttle is opened suddenly I know I need to increase the pulse width.

This may be a real "rube", but try this on for size. Hook up a small DC
motor as a generator with a rack and pinion drive connected to the
throttle. Rectify the output so it is uni-polar (only reads when
positive) and use a positive output from this device to add an
additional pulse, or lengthen the pulse on the injectors. As long as the
foot is going down there will be a signal, which richens the mix. When
you reach equilibrium, the pulse goes back to normal. The MAP will
compensate for the extra load pretty well by itself, and the extra
enrichment from this device would be automatic and self limiting.
A detonation sensor could be connected to the same circuit to richen the
mixture under "ping" conditions.