throttle before or after turbo

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon Mar 8 03:49:28 GMT 1999

Old style carbureted turbos with draw thru carbs had decent throttle
response but the volume of the intake was small, carb, turbo, manifold with
no intercoolers, etc.  If you have a high performance turbo with high boost
and an intercooler, lots of plumbing, etc, you definitly need to have the
throttle after the turbo.  In that case, you also need a valve to prevent
surging the turbo when closing the throttle after a high rpm run, say a
shift.

Gary Derian <gderian at cybergate.net>