suck or blow?

Espen Hilde mwichstr at online.no
Mon Mar 8 09:46:42 GMT 1999

In my 69  NSU 1000 TT I had a the carb in front of turbo, it was a rayay f
flow.
The oil seal did go after a short while and the engine started using a LOT
of oil.I wanted to fix the turbo but the experiance with the turbo repairer
was that the seal it did not last long.I changed to blow trou and my
experiance
was that it was much better control with the trottle in the first carb in
front of turbo system.On blow trou the trottle are seeing a sudden increase
in density
when the boost comes in and a lot more air is entering, sometimes the car
acclerates more than you wish and you have to back of the trottle.
In my oppinion the way of controlling the turbo engines output , shoud be a
combination  of trottle and a foot controlled wastgate.When you have wot
,the
boost pressure could be 4psi with furter trottle movement the boost could
be
increased. An other way witch I think is decribed in mc Innes turbo book is

to have 2 trottles one on each side of turbo.By adjusting the trottles you
can deside if you want vacuum in turbo or not.
Espen Hilde