[M] Alterpower alternator charging control switch

KD6JDJ at aol.com KD6JDJ at aol.com
Fri Mar 12 02:43:27 GMT 1999

  Mark
  I cant explain how the claim of 5 hp gain can be accomplished, can you?
  The alternator doesnt ever consume 5 hp, I dont think. That would be around
300 amps into a 12 'load'. Or , if the alternator, with its bearing and belt
and electrical losses, was only 50 percent efficient, it would have to be
putting 150 amps into a 12volt 'load'.
  Then if we are considering that the battery is charged, as stated, the power
consumed by the alternator should be way under a hp. At least the power
consumed by an alternator should be quite low when the battery doesnt need to
be charged, and there are no heater motors and -or air conditioning clutches
and fans running.

  This is the message that I read ---------

  Thought someone might find this interesting....  Good for 5 free hp at WOT.
-Mark

Here's a gizmo that sounds useful. It automatically switches off alternator
load if you're at full throttle and you've got plenty of charge in your
battery,
allowing the engine to devote ALL its power to moving forward.

     Jerry