Fwd: [M] Alterpower alternator charging control switch

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Fri Mar 12 14:14:30 GMT 1999

> 5 HP is reasonable

Okay :)

> you should see what a diff an electric sater pump makes
> some stock pumps use more than 30 HP at redline on a revver

I've heard this, however never had the courage to venture into this method.  I've
always been afraid that the alternator would go, and the pump would slow down and
not cool properly.  Probably a silly fear, since the EFI systems I slap on
everything run off the alternator too.  No voltage, no anything, not just water.

Maybe I'll go with one for my 383 stroker and check it out.  The water pump needs
replacing anyway.