Off Panhard bar

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Fri Mar 12 14:51:23 GMT 1999

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Shannen Durphey wrote:

> Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:54:35 -0500
> From: Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com>
> To: "diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu"
     <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
> Subject: Off Panhard bar
>
> Too much coffee today.  I've been looking at 4 link rear axles, and
> the panhard bars.  It looks like the usual panhard bar will tend to
> push the axle to one side as it travels vertically.  The only way to
> prevent this that I can think of is to make a bellcrank between two
> panhard bars, and mount the axle to the bellcrank.  But I don't see

thats a watts linkage. works well with small axle travel ( I tried it on
a home built 4x4) with a panhard rod if the rod is long and horizontal
the arc is not that bad. HP book how to made your car handle is a good
refference for suspension info

> anyone building this setup, so the L-R movement of the axle might not
> be a problem.  Anyone have some suspension experience?

I have some ( and a few friends with scca race cars)

Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
(613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
(613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8