single injector TBI throttle body needed for 2 liter engine

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Fri Mar 12 15:46:17 GMT 1999

uh, help.

I need some recomedations for a single injector throttle body that I can
mount sideways, that does something around 300 cfm, and or is adequte for a
street motor of 2000 cc.

I am re-thinking my plan to use a gm tbi system, (lack of space vertically
in the engine compartment) and I can obtain a sidedraft manifold real cheap.

the vw and volvo throttle bodies do not have an injector on them and due to
my head design I can't use direct injectors. (siamesed intake ex ports),
bosch did make a monotronic system but I don't believe it ever made it to
the US.

I am aware of one company that makes an aftermarket product for this
applicaiton, but the cost is something like 800-900 dollars US.

I think that there was an escort system in the mid 80's that had a single
injector tbi system. But I have no idea of the year and calls to yards
hasn't been helpful.

thanks for your help.

Ted Stowe