Schrick VGi /Rpm switch - SOLVED

Jason_Leone at amat.com Jason_Leone at amat.com
Fri Mar 12 18:07:12 GMT 1999

Just wanted to let folks know that I solved my variable geometry intake manifold
controller problem. The original PCB controller failed, so I scrapped it. I
installed my new Summit Racing brand adjustable rpm switch (last night), and all
is well. The Schrick VGi manifold is working properly once again. I had to
fiddle w/ the DIP switch settings on the PCB though...to get it to open the
plenum flap when I wanted it to (4k rpm). Funny how setting the DIPs for 3600
rpm actually triggers the signal at 4k rpm. Must be the difference in tachometer
rpm signal. The Summit unit is designed for most domestic ignition systems
(points or capacitive discharge), so my Bosch ECU tach signal probably didn't
follow their calibration curve. The switch doesn't have a hysteresis function,
oh well. The needle never stays exactly at 4k anyway, he he.

Doesn't matter, I can spin the wheels through two gears once again. I REALLY
have to get my Quaife LSD installed soon.

Jason
'93 SLC