DIY_EFI Digest V4 #160, Eprom Emulator

Mark D'Sylva mdsylva at interlog.com
Fri Mar 12 18:59:11 GMT 1999

> ------------------------------
>
> From: Pat Ford <pford at qnx.com>
> Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:02:25 -0500
> Subject: eprom emulator
>
> Hi There:
>  I just found a url for an eprom emulator
> http://space.tin.it/computer/lorgler/nonst-e.html
>

> Pat Ford                           email: pford at qnx.com
> QNX Software Systems, Ltd.           WWW: http://www.qnx.com
> (613) 591-0931      (voice)         mail: 175 Terrence Matthews
> (613) 591-3579      (fax)                 Kanata, Ontario, Canada K2M 1W8
>
> ------------------------------

Pat,
          I attempted to look at the link  (just curious)  and it was dead.   You don't
have to order eprom emulators all the way from Italy.  Many places in USA sell them.   I
think even Universal Cross Assemblers in Canada sells one.
For anyone who is interested,   here are a few vendors of ROM emulators:

Dataman: the Dataman S4 is a programmer and emulator:  www.dataman.com
Grammar Engine:   Promice with trace:   www.gei.com
EmuTec:     PromJet emulator:     www.emutec.com
I think TechTools   (www.tech-tools.com) may also sell rom emulators