Convert a GM SI alternator to the CS130?

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Sat Mar 13 06:45:42 GMT 1999

You're in luck Detroit,

 The CS alternator will directly replace the SI alternator. Just hook up
the idiot light wire to the CS and let it rip. It hooks up pretty much
the same. Mounting may or may not be a problem, the mounting holes are a
little farther apart for the CS 144, and I believe a little closer
together for the CS 120. I have all 3 in the basement. If you need me to
go measure them, let me know. I went from a SI 90 amp to a CS 144 120
amp on my old Regal.

WATCHmeDRV at aol.com wrote:

> On my drag car I have the old SI alternator that I want to change over to the
> newer CS130 style. My old SI unit is a one wire how can I wire the new style
> CS130 to work.
>
> Thanks
> DETROIT AMERSON

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral