Off Panhard bar

H. J. Zivnak bztruck at email.msn.com
Sun Mar 14 00:24:43 GMT 1999

Greg,

I didn't realize that Alfa was such a warm memory. I really didn't mean to
insult it!
The responses to Shannen's question looked to me to be missing the dynamics
of the situation. The point being that it's prolly the chassis that moves in
response to changes in the Panhard rather than the axle, and it's not likely
to effect handling, or be felt for that matter. However, get into a
situation where you have roll oversteer and that's another story.

I guess that if I did ASCII more often I'd prolly get better at it.

>>Huh?
>>
>>Am I missing something here? I've read this three times and it still
doesn't
>>make sense.
>
>YES, you are--BUT--here's what---
>
>--the upper AND lower arms on each side were both longitudinal, not
>lateral! I thought that this would be obvious, but I shall try to write
>more carefully in the future. The (non-plunging) half shafts were the ONLY
>lateral locating element to the Rover 2000 suspension--and , yes, the slip
>joint in the Di Dion tube was free to twist as well as to slide in and out!
>And, yes, there was anti-squat/anti jack built into the geometry of the
>longitudinal arms on each side.

Maybe I'd better look at my heel and see if there are any instructions down
there ;<)

Regards,

Joe