4 cyl big block!

Jim Davies jimd at vcc.bc.ca
Sun Mar 14 18:06:47 GMT 1999

On Sun, 14 Mar 1999, David A. Cooley wrote:

> Sure it wasn't a GMC 305/350 V6?  Was in the early 60's and used the same
> block for the diesel version... basically a diesel that was modified on
> gasoline, not the other way around like the olds diesel etc.

The old GMC V6 engine family started out as gaspots. Later on they were
converted to diesel and also V8 to go with the twin six V12. The diesels
were called "Toroflows" by the General and "terribleflows" by those lucky
enough to own or work on them. I think Chef Boyardee designed the
crankshaft for the V8...