Fuel tuning...

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sun Mar 14 20:04:30 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: David A. Cooley <n5xmt at bellsouth.net>
To: diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu <diy_efi at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: Sunday, March 14, 1999 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: Fuel tuning...

Well, the bone white is OK for a low po application,
The flecks might be a indication of detonation, so first try less timing..
The brown area, is the fire band,
your descriptions of the black might be carbon deposits flaking off.
Might try seeing where the timing is during cruise, might be having a trace
detonation problem.
  These are the areas/problems with using acoustic knock sensors, and why I
harp about trying to get Ion going again.
Bruce