Fuel tuning...

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 14 20:41:20 GMT 1999

At 03:07 PM 3/14/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Well, the bone white is OK for a low po application,
>The flecks might be a indication of detonation, so first try less timing..
>The brown area, is the fire band,

Ideally, where should the fire band be?

>your descriptions of the black might be carbon deposits flaking off.
>Might try seeing where the timing is during cruise, might be having a trace
>detonation problem.

Depending on speed, at 70MPH I see between 35 and 40 degrees advance at
cruise... lower speeds around town, 23-30 degrees seems to be "normal"

I normally run 93 octane in the car, and have minimal knock counts picked
up by the sensor...

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.