[M] Alterpower alternator charging control switch

Roy spectric at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 08:27:55 GMT 1999

Roy Spectric's wrote:

Hi all

Ever heard of so called smart charging systems, well many european
manufacturers are now going this way.

The basic idea is that the engine management system either controls or
influences the alternators charging characteristics.

The intention is that during acceleration and high load demand on the
engine the charging rate is reduced or turned off, on light load the
charge rate can be at max to recharge the battery, or running a normal
charge cycle.

---"Clarence L.Snyder" <clare.snyder.on.ca at ibm.net> wrote:

> > And, let's don't forget what 1 or 2 less volts will surely do to
injector
> > opening characteristics!! A hole inna piston will lose a lot more
HP and $$