More stuff on swapping a 4L60e for a 4L80e

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Mon Mar 15 13:03:05 GMT 1999

Doug Bazarnic wrote:
<snip>
> If I knew the proper code, I'd be happy to go buy the calpak from the
> dealer so you can see the differences.  For $30 or so, I could always use
> the extra calpak :)
>
> Doug Bazarnic

I'll have more answers later.

For now, part no 16244933 is the most current calibration I show
(roughly June,98) for the 4l80E, calibration code is BXSJ/4933.
Dealer cost on those used to be around 40 bucks, IIRC.

I believe my calibration is actually for a 93, based on some old
e-mail I've sent, but I'll get it to be sure.  Be neat to see what the
difference is regarding the pressure control solenoid.
Later,
Shannen