Limited-prod car maker (EPA 75?)

Ward Spoonemore spoonie at deltanet.com
Mon Mar 15 17:34:50 GMT 1999

Chris. I think you missed the point, or else I failed to make it. The OEM
testing runs 4 - 5K$, and this assumes passing on the first try.

The end all be all is not a simple IM240 (gas station test) or what ever
they require in your state. The IM240 test are designed to insure compliance
with a much more rigorous standard. Obviously we cant expect Joe Lug Wrench
to do the OEM tesing every state required period.

Now armed with this information, there are several things you can do for
increased performance, but you will need to think it out, not select the
junk yard parts of convenience. I have sucesffly completed a 450Hp 94 "F"
Car that is a 13 sec 1/4 miler it looks stock and passes, and a few trucks
that are tire twisters. It can be done !

Ward