Camshaft Selection

andy quaas realsquash at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 15 17:35:40 GMT 1999

I have a 402 BBC that i started to build (then i got a 454...) from a
1972 GMC pickup.  I chose (and purchased) a compa cams xtreme energy
cam.  It is a dual-pattern cam that has like 262 intake and 272
exhaust duration.  I cannot remember the lift, etc. but it is far from
a lumpy cam.  I have not installed the cam, so i don't know from
experience.

I don't know your budget, but you should get a set of doug-thorley
headers and a nice aftermarket cam.

Andy
p.s. want to buy the cam and lifters?  They're unused and clean!