Off Panhard bar

Gary Derian gderian at oh.verio.com
Mon Mar 15 18:15:28 GMT 1999

There was a general discussion of rear suspension design.  My point was that
a 4 link, where two of the links are angled to provide lateral location will
bind up when the car leans in a corner.  One angled link will pull forward,
the other will push rearward.  The amount is small but it is there.  With
rubber bushings, it works OK.  This type of 4 link is popular on many US
cars, notably GM intermediate and full size and Ford Fox chassis Mustangs
and their siblings.

Gary Derian <gderian at oh.verio.com>