Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Tue Mar 16 03:56:38 GMT 1999

> How did you get 4.1 liters to spin up two of these things?

6200 RPM is a lot of cfm to spin turbos.  Plus, the engine
is on a dyno, which is entirely different than being in a
car.  I've learned that throughout the process.

> At what RPM did they finally show, say >5psi of boost?

I only know max boost.  We revved right up to see what the
limitations were.

> What exhaust AR exhaust housings did you use?

The exhaust system was completely fabricated, with reversion
tubes the size of the ported exhaust ports, and larger tubes
over that, which became the rest of the header runners.  180
degree headers which went underneath the girdle and the
drysump pan, to alternate pulses to the two turbos.  The
plates originally were off the FWD headers, however they
didn't survive, so we used them as templates to machine out
3/8" stainless steel plates, and weld stainless tubing to
that.

> Am I asking too many questions?  8-)

Nope, not at all.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)