Fuel tuning...

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 16 23:44:03 GMT 1999

At 04:08 PM 3/14/99 -0500, you wrote:

>>Depending on speed, at 70MPH I see between 35 and 40 degrees advance at
>>cruise... lower speeds around town, 23-30 degrees seems to be "normal"
>
>This got an AL head?.  cruise might be a tad high (40), and cruise (low) of
>23
>low..     The 23 being low is for a cruise rpm of no less than about 1400,
>if you have one of the applications that can do a low cruise of say 1100
>then 23 might be fine, just I usually don't deal with anything that can do
>that low of cruise rpm.

Well,
not sure if the last post made it... had an attachment I had toconvert to
text...

Yesterday, during cruise at 45 MPH in 3rd gear ~1500 RPM I see about 30
degrees advance.
In OD at 65MPH (1700 RPM) I see between 35 and 40 degrees advance.  At part
throttle accelerating up a hill at 2500 RPM I see about 30 degrees advance
and no knock counts.
I seem to pick up between 10 and 15 knock counts immediately after a shift
and timing falls to between 10 and 12 degrees then starts climbing back up
again.

Here's what I see at WOT immediately before the shift to 2nd gear:LeSabre
Data Scanner

Promld               1694
Battery Voltage   13.50 Volts
02  Voltage          910.20mV
Coolant Temp      198.95 Deg  F
Knock Counts      136
Engine RPM        5221 RPM
Speed                48 MPH
LV8                   225
Run Time           1277 Seconds
TC Slip               251.00
N/V Ratio           105.00
Injector PW         18.91 mSec
TPS Voltage       4.34	Volts
02 Cross Counts   0
air Temp             47.75  Deg  F
advance             20.47	Deg
Engine Torque     92 Lb/Ft
MAF                  140.78 G/Sec
Weak Cylinder     0 Cyl
Gear                   2
TCC PWM DC     0.00
Trans Temp        157.10 Deg. F

Hopefully this helps or can give an idea of what I'm seeing or where I need
to go...
           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
       I am Pentium of Borg...division is futile...you will be approximated.