Limited-prod car maker (EPA 75?)

Chris Conlon synchris at ricochet.net
Wed Mar 17 05:57:23 GMT 1999

At 03:58 PM 3/15/99 -0500, Gary Derian wrote:

>Small manufacturers have to meet the same emissions standards as the big
>boys.  The only leniency is in reporting documentation.

Thank you... this answers my question.

> Becoming a small manufacturer is definitely NOT the
>easy way.  You have to move or register your car at an address which has
>different inspection criteria.  Here in Ohio, the inspectors only inspect
>for a catalytic converter  They don't even open the hood.

In this case I'll just skip buying the car rather than go through the
hoops of registering it elsewhere. (Which is technically almost illegal
here anyway.)

Maryland was better, they had a dyno test, but the only visual tests
were things like gas cap, check for a cat, and absence of big holes
in the exhaust.

I'm still checking what exactly is allowed here... hope to have some
solid answers this week.

   Thanks for all the info,
   Chris C.