Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion

Frederic Breitwieser frederic.breitwieser at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Mar 17 13:31:30 GMT 1999

> Yes, but each bank fired evenly.  The engine as a whole fired 90-150-90-150,
> etc. but each bank in itself fired 240-240-240.  The bank thing did not
> change when the engine became even fire, the phase between banks did.

This message might sound sarcastic, its just my writing
style... I'm going though this step by step so you can
follow me thoughts, and in reality, so I can follow my
thoughts too <G>.

Lets draw a V6 engine here, looking at the top of the engine
(intake), with the fan belts to the left, and the bell
housing to the right:

	2   4   6

	1   3   5

Good drawing, eh? <grin>.  Anyway, lets connect a headers to
the odd banks to a turbo, and another header to the even
banks to a turbo.

	/---/---/---(T)
	2   4   6

	1   3   5
	\---\---\---(T)

If the firing order is 1-2-3-4-5-6 then each turbo receives
and alternating pulse.  If the firing order is 1-3-5-2-4-6
they don't.  That was all I was saying.

The buick V6 firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2, therefore there
would be no need for 180 degree headers, i.e. crossing over
exhaust tubes based on these pictures.

Now I'm really curious.

--
Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport, CT 06606

http://www.xephic.dynip.com
1993 Superchaged Lincoln Continental
1989 500cid Turbocharged HWMMV
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab (soon to be twin turbo 440)
2000 Buick GTP (twin turbo V6)