Frederic Breitwieser/turbo discussion

Gregory A. Parmer gparmer at acesag.auburn.edu
Wed Mar 17 19:51:09 GMT 1999

>On a V-6, whether it be 60, 90, flat, even or odd fire, don't you get nice
>even every other pulse to a turbo when each bank has its own turbo?  I don't
>see the need to cross over.

I thought it was a self-equalizing measure...to insure that both sides
of the engine were flowing similar amounts of air.  Isn't balance a
good thing? Same would hold for any twin turbo arrangement feeding
specific cylinders regardless of firing order or engine layout.

One good guess deserves another,
-greg       (hopefully the duplicate message thing is fixed)